Our vision & values
Our vision is quite simply to create and sustain truly vibrant communities.
To us, a truly vibrant community is one in which:
- Children grow up with aspiration
- Residents contribute to their community and want to live where they do
- There is pride and a collective sense of place
- The environment is safe, clean and tidy
- Homes are warm, safe and comfortable
- Residents are financially independent and enterprise is encouraged
- There are things that bring the community together
- Vulnerable and lonely residents are looked after
- Diversity is respected and celebrated
- Residents are healthy and look out for each other
And so, everything we do and plan for is with the longer term desire of achieving these aims.
Ongo doesn’t make a profit for shareholders. Any profit it does make comes with the promise that it is reinvested back into local communities.
In fact we call this our Ongo Promise – ‘everything we do is reinvested back into local communities’.
So where you see the Ongo stamp, you can be reassured you are investing in a company which is dedicated to improving the lives and communities of people in North Lincolnshire.
Our organisational values underpin this commitment and reflect how we approach our important work.
Partnership: we believe in working together with people, inside and outside of Ongo, to achieve the very best we can together. We really listen and take the time to understand our stakeholders and take a long-term view of the relationships we make.
Drive: We have the commitment, passion and determination to achieve better things. We have energy to learn, to accomplish our goals and make a positive difference.
Responsibility: We do what we say we will do, recognising that a safe and warm home is essential to a fulfilled life. We have integrity and are aware of the impact of what we do and that we are entrusted with valuable assets.
We have four main objectives.
- To provide excellent value for money services and homes
- To improve people’s life chances and help them sustain their tenancies
- To build more homes
- To grow our group to increase our revenue